This recipe creates perfectly seasoned fish tacos served in flour tortillas, which is then paired with creamy pink taco sauce and pickled cabbage.
For the fish:
|1/2 tsp||chilli powder|
|1/2 tsp||ground cumin|
|1 tsp||smoked paprika|
|1/2 tsp||garlic powder|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
For the pink taco sauce:
|1 tbsp||lime juice|
|1-2 tbsps||hot sauce e.g. sriracha sauce|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
For the pickled cabbage:
|300g||red cabbage, finely shredded|
|3||spring onions, finely sliced|
|1-2 tbsps||vinegar e.g. red wine vinegar / white wine vinegar/cider vinegar|
1. Begin with the pickled cabbage. Place all of the pickled cabbage ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. You can remove any excess liquid. Place in the fridge for around 30 minutes.
2. Next, we will make the pink taco sauce. Mix all of the pink taco sauce ingredients together in a bowl and then place in the fridge until ready to serve.
3. Mix the chilli powder, ground cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Dry the cod with kitchen roll and place on a clean surface. Then, season the fish on both sides with the spice mix.
4. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan on medium to high heat and add the cod. Cook for 4 minutes on each side until the fish is charred and opaque.
5. Using a fork, break the pieces of cod apart into bite sized pieces.
6. Heat the tortillas in the microwave or in a non-stick pan for 30 seconds on each side.
7. Finally, assemble the tacos! Place a warm tortilla on a plate, add the fish, pickled cabbage and a dollop of pink taco sauce.
You can also serve this dish with any other toppings you like, such as cheese, lettuce, guacamole, pico de gallo salsa, a wedge of lime or coriander!