Great to prepare for a family dinner, we’ve adapted this spicy Mexican dish to be cooked in the microwave, so no oven needed! It can be a messy one to eat, so be prepared!
|1||brown onion (medium), chopped|
|70g||cheddar cheese, grated|
|2 tbsps||parsley, chopped|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
For the enchilada sauce:
|400g||tinned chopped tomatoes|
|1/2||green pepper, chopped|
|1||garlic clove, minced|
|2 tsp||chilli powder|
|1/2 tsp||dried oregano|
|1/4 tsp||ground cumin|
1. Crumble the minced beef into a microwavable casserole dish with the chopped onion. Cover loosely and microwave on high for 3 minutes, then stir. Re-cover and microwave again until the meat is firm, about 2-3 minutes. Drain off excess liquid.
2. Stir in the cheese, sour cream, parsley, salt and pepper. Cover and set aside.
3. Cover the tortillas in a damp cloth or place between 2 damp sheets of kitchen roll. Microwave on high for 45 seconds until softened.
4. Place 1/4 of the beef mixture into the centre of one of the tortillas, fold up and place seam side down in an oblong microwavable baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
5. Prepare the enchilada sauce by mixing all ingredients together in a microwavable dish. Cover and microwave on high until boiling, about 4-6 minutes.
6. Pour the sauce over the tortillas, cover loosely and microwave on high until the filling is hot, about 7-9 minutes.
7. Garnish with the grated cheese.
Add more or less chillies depending on how spicy you like it.