10 - 12 minutes
Is there anything better than a warm chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven?
|200g||milk chocolate, roughly chopped|
|120g||unsalted butter, softened|
|75g||light brown sugar|
|1/2 tsp||bicarbonate of soda|
1. Pre heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Mix the butter and sugar together using an electric or hand whisk until it is light and fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla.
3. Next fold in the flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate as quickly as possible – avoiding overworking the mixture as this will make the cookies tough.
4. Once all combined, scoop 10 large tbsps of mixture onto they trays, making sure to leave enough space between each to allow for spreading.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until firm and starting to colour at the edges but still soft in the middle – they will harden as they cool.
6. Enjoy warm or leave too cool on a cooling rack.
If white or dark chocolate is preferred, it can be easily substituted.
These cookies will keep fresh for up to 3 days in an airtight container!