Glazed pineapple slices with a rich chocolate orange sauce. Serve with vanilla ice cream for a decadent treat!
For the pineapple:
|1||tin of pineapple slices (rings) in natural juice (roughly 400g), drained|
|50g||caster or light brown sugar|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract (optional)|
For the sauce:
|50g||dark chocolate (chips or bar broken into pieces)|
|1 tbsp||smooth orange juice|
|1 tsp||caster sugar|
Vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Heat the butter in a non stick pan over high heat, and then add the sugar and vanilla extract.
2. Place the pineapple slices into the hot pan once the butter starts to turn golden.
3. Cook the slices for around 2 minutes on low heat until they are warm and the glaze is syrupy. Turn the pineapple over to coat with the glaze and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Remove the slices from the heat and leave to stand on a plate. Continue to stir the remaining glaze for another few minutes, then turn off the heat.
5. Place the chocolate pieces into a saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring occasionally.
6.Whilst stirring, pour in the double cream, juice and sugar. Continue to stir.
7. When the sauce is thick and smooth, transfer it into a bowl and then drizzle over the pineapple whilst still warm.
8. Serve with ice cream.
Why not try a garnish of coconut flakes to add a touch of summer!