A healthy dessert or a great summer snack, here are our chef’s tips for how to prepare a pineapple.
To prepare a pineapple, you will need a sharp knife and a chopping board.
1. Begin by removing the base of the pineapple and then the spikey top.
2. Next, place on its flat base and cut around the edges to take off the skin.
3. The dark brown remains of skin are called the ‘eyes’. To remove them, turn the fruit on its side and make shallow incisions around each eye.
4. You should now be able to pick them out with the tip of the knife without wasting too much of the fruit.
5. Eyes removed you can now half your pineapple from top to bottom.
6. To remove the core, cut the pineapple half in half again. Place it long-side down and diagonally cut off the tough part.
7. Repeat for the rest of the pineapple quarters.
8. Cut into pieces.
Watch our video guide on how to prepare a pineapple to see the step-by-step process: