This delicious soup is perfect for cold days.
|3||broccoli, florets picked|
|300-440g (taste dependant)||stilton, chopped|
|2||brown onions, diced|
|1.5 L||vegetable stock|
|1.5 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 tbsp||worcestershire sauce|
|7 leaves||sage, chopped|
|to taste||black pepper|
1. Begin by tying together the rosemary and thyme with string and set to one side. Now pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. Once hot, place the broccoli in an oven with a drizzling of olive oil and roast for 20 -30 minutes stirring once in a while.
2. Next place a large sized pan over a medium heat with a dash of olive oil. Once hot begin frying the sage leaves for 2 minutes, then add the celery, brown onions and worcestershire sauce. Fry until soft.
3. Next add the garlic and fry for 2 minutes
4. Now add the bay leaves and herb bundle. Cook for 5 mintues, then add the stock. Raise to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Now add the broccoli and remove the herb bundle and bay leaves.
7. Blend the mixture throughly.
8. Now add the double cream and stilton. Mix throughly until the cheese has melted. Finish with black pepper
Be weary of adding extra salt as the cheese it self is very salty