Tomato soup is great all year round and most of the ingredients can be kept in the cupboard to be rolled out any time.
|4||400ml tins of plum tomatoes|
|3||brown onions, diced|
|4||garlic cloves, crushed|
|3 sprigs||rosemary, leaves picked and chopped fine|
|1 tbsp||dried mixed herbs|
|5 tbsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|2 tbsps||olive oil or rapeseed oil|
|100 ml||double cream|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
1. Add the olive oil to a large pan and warm over a medium heat.
2. Next, add the onions and cook until the onions begin to soften.
3. Add the garlic, Worcestershire sauce and rosemary to the pan and cook for two minutes.
4. Now, add all the tinned tomatoes and dried herbs. Break down the tomatoes with a wooden soon or spatula, cook for 15 minutes.
5. Blend the mixture until smooth.
6. Now add the double cream, sugar and butter then mix until all combined.
7. Serve and enjoy.
Add a little chilli to give the dish extra heat.