This sweet potato and chilli soup is perfect for a cold winters night!
|sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
|large brown onion, chopped
|carrots, peeled and chopped
|medium red chillies, deseeded and chopped
|thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated
|garlic cloves, crushed
|fresh coriander, chopped
|salt and pepper, to taste
1. Add the olive oil to a pan on a medium heat and add the onion and carrot, cook for around 5 minutes until softened.
2. Next add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant. (add a splash more oil if needed)
3. Stir in the sweet potato and cook for a further 2 minutes before adding the vegetable stock, then leave to simmer for around 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft.
4. Once the soup has cooked and the sweet potato is soft, blend and season with salt and pepper. ( if its too thick you can add a little more vegetable stock)
5. Serve with a sprinkling of the fresh coriander.
Drizzle in some cream at the end for some extra flavour and serve with crusty bread!
Simple recipes which are cheap and easy to make but don’t lack in flavour!
Spices are the key to any great meal but which ones should you pick? This easy-to-follow guide will take you through the basics.
Herbs are often the key to to taking an average dish and making it extra special! This quick guide will help take you through when to use them.