As we approach the end of 2020, we want to take a moment to thank everyone who has supported our cookery school this year. 2020 has certainly been a challenging year, but as a social enterprise we have adapted and continued to proactively fight food poverty.
Whether you’ve visited us at the markets and supported our foodbank drive, bought one of our Secret Dishes From Around the World recipe books, attended a Secret Dishes From Around the World online cookalong or supported our Crowdfunder, you’ve made an impact in our fight against food poverty this year. Thank you!
Let’s take a look back at what we achieved together this year:
- In February, we launched our ‘Back the Book’ crowdfunding campaign to help raise the funds required to commission all the artists for Secret Dishes From Around the World 2. We raised £3,765 with your help!
- In March we had to adapt our organisation to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our response included donating all of our stock to foodbanks, adapting our catering service to deliver meals door to door and pledging 5 million free licenses to charities for our Cooking & Nutrition Portal, which helped us to support people across the UK.
- In July we ran our Social Enterprise Internship Programme remotely. Thanks to all the interns who helped us over the 2 weeks!
- In August we launched our Share Your Secrets podcast to accompany Secret Dishes From Around the World 2. Thank you to everyone who listened! You can catch all ten episodes now on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
- In September we adapted our ‘buy one, give one’ Secret Dishes From Around the World cookery courses to run online. This allows people from all over the UK to join our community cookery school! You can book your tickets for our 2021 workshops today.
- In November we published Secret Dishes From Around the World 2! Thank you to everyone who has bought a copy so far!
- In December, we have focused on the emergency provision of food for people living in food poverty this winter. This included batch cooking and distributing over 250 hot, nutritious meals to the most vulnerable communities living in food poverty in central Manchester. We also dropped off good quality essential items, generated from our ‘buy one, give one’ foodbank drive, at FareShare Greater Manchester foodbank!
Thank you for all your support, and we’ll see you next year! We’ve got loads planned for 2021 to scale up our fight against food poverty across the UK!