A hearty autumnal stew which is bound to comfort.
fillets of fish of your choice, cut into chunks
|2||celery sticks, chopped|
|1||sweet potato, peeled and cubed|
|2||parsley handfuls, chopped|
|3||garlic cloves, crushed|
|1-2||lemons, juice and zest|
balsamic vinegar (optional)
1. Fry the onions until soft over a medium heat.
2. Next, add the carrots, sweet potato, celery and garlic for 5 minutes.
3. Next, reduce to a lower heat, and add the allspice, nutmeg, paprika and oregano. Stir through and allow to fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add the stock and vinegar, if being used, then return to a medium heat, allow to simmer for approx 20-30 minutes.
5. Once the vegetables have cooked to your satisfaction, add the fish, lemon juice and parsley, cook for 3 minutes then serve.
Add some fresh thyme for extra flavour.