This simple but effective veggie stock is the perfect base for any soups, sauces or curries.
To make this stock, we will be using various vegetables such as onions, carrots and garlic. We will also be using small handfuls of herbs like rosemary, thyme and parsley. You will also need some vegetable oil, a chopping board, a cooking knife, string, a large stock pot and a kettle.
1. Before you start cooking, the carrots and onions only need to be roughly chopped with the skins left on, and the herbs can be tied together with string. The garlic can lightly crushed.
2. Begin by frying your carrot chunks in vegetable oil on a medium heat.
3. You can also add your onions. The peel can be left on as this well help give the stock colour.
4. Fry the vegetables until they have begun to brown.
5. Now add your garlic cloves.
6. Now the herb bundle can be add along with 2-3 litres of boiling water depending on size of your container.
7. Leave this to simmer for at least 2 hours before sieving out the solids.
Check out our video guide which will take you through how to make the stock step-by-step: