A twist on a classic Rocky Road recipe with vegan chocolate, marshmallows and dried bananas. This delicious recipe is no-bake, super quick and easy to make, and can be easily adapted to suit dietary requirements or preferences.
|20g||chopped mixed nuts|
|2 tbsps||golden syrup|
1. Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Stirring it each time, melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals, taking care not to burn it.
2. Add the dairy-free butter into the bowl and microwave for a further 20 seconds until the butter is also melted.
3. Add 2 tbsps of golden syrup to the butter and chocolate, and mix together.
4. Place the biscuits into a sealable plastic bag and gently break into small pieces – no bigger than 2cms.
5. Pour the broken up biscuits into the bowl, and mix with the chocolate and butter.
6. Add the vegan marshmallows, dried banana, and chopped nuts. Mix together.
7. Line a tin with greaseproof paper or cling film and pour the mixture in. Pat the mixture down firmly so that it covers the bottom of the tin.
8. Place in the fridge and let it set for at least 2 hours.
This recipe can easily be adapted to suit dietary requirements or preferences. To make it non-vegan, substitute the dairy-free butter for regular butter and the same for the chocolate. For the marshmallows, if you are making this recipe suitable for vegetarians, ensure the marshmallows are gelatine-free. The dried bananas can be substituted for any dried fruit – raisins or cherries also make a nice recipe! For nut allergies, simply remove the chopped nuts!
The butter and chocolate can also be melted in a saucepan if you do not have microwave facilities.