A creamy vegetarian curry
|3, diced||brown onions|
|300g, chopped||cashew nuts|
|1 thumb sized piece, peeled and grated||ginger|
|10 cloves, crushed||garlic|
|1, split||green chilli|
|4 tbsp||garam masala|
|2 tubes||tomato pure|
|2x 400g tins||tinned tomato|
|1 tsp||coriander seeds|
|1 tsp||chili powder|
|handfull of leaves picked||coriander leaves|
1. Begin by placing a large pan over a medium heat and adding 2 tbsp f vegetable oil and 1 tbsp of butter. Once the butter has melted add the onions, fry until soft.
2. Next add the ginger, the green chilli and 7 cloves of the crushed garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Now add the garam masala, chilli powder, 1 tube of the tomato puree and the cashews, then mix. Cook for 5-7 minutes stirring constantly, loosen with water if necessary and lower temperature to prevent burning.
4. Remove the green chilli to a side plate and then place the mixture in blender and blend, wipe clean the pan.
5. Return the clean pan to the heat and extra 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Once hot add the cinnamon stick and mustard seeds and fry until the seeds begin to pop. Now add 2.5 tbsp of butter, the cumin seeds, the fennel seeds, the coriander seeds, and cardamom pods. Fry for 1 minute on a low heat.
6. Now add the tinned tomatoes and cook down for 10 minutes.
7. Next add the the blended mixture, the double cream, 400ml of water and the second tube of tomato puree. Mix together and cook for 10 minutes. stir regularly to stop burning add extra water if needed.
8. Add the paneer and cook for around 3 minutes or until warm through and softened. Top with fresh coriander.