A great, simple recipe that can be adapted to use up leftover vegetables in the fridge.
|1||medium brown onion, diced|
|1 tbsp||dark soy sauce (tamari if gluten free)|
|2 cloves||garlic, finely diced|
|2 nests||rice noodles|
|1 tsp||chilli powder|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|squeeze of lemon (optional)|
|salt and pepper to taste|
1. Heat olive oil on a low heat in a large, deep pan.
2. Add the onion and mushrooms to the pan, stirring regularly and cook until starting to soften.
4. Next add the garlic and cook for a further 2-3 minutes – ensuring not to burn.
5. Add the soy sauce (or tamari) and chilli powder to the pan and stir to coat the vegetables.
6. Add the broccoli and vegetable stock and leave to soften for about 10 minutes or until the broccoli has softened.
7. Prepare the noodles according to the packet.
8. Add the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
9. Once cooked, place the noodles in the soup and stir to combine then serve.
Feel free to add fresh chillies for a more enhanced chilli flavour!