This classic Eggs Royale recipe with poached eggs, salmon and hollandaise sauce can make a delicious breakfast or brunch – and is relatively easy to make!
For the hollandaise sauce
|1 tbsp||lemon juice|
|1/8 tsp||cayenne pepper|
|For the Royale|
|2||english muffins, halved|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
|4 slices||smoked salmon|
1. To make the hollandaise sauce, place a saucepan on a low heat. Add butter and allow it to melt slowly. Once melted, remove the pan from the heat.
2. Fill another sauce pan halfway with water and place it on a low heat until the water begins to gently simmer. Put the egg yolk into a glass/metal bowl and place it over the saucepan. Make sure that the water does not touch the bowl.
3. Beat the egg yolk until pale and thickened. Then, add the lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper and beat for 1 more minute.
4. Gradually pour the butter to the egg mixture and beat for a further 2 minutes. Remove it from the heat but make sure it remains warm.
3. Once the sauce is ready, it’s time for the eggs to be poached – put the boiled water in a saucepan, add a little bit of salt and bring it to heat. You should then lower the heat and swirl the water. In the middle of whirlpool that will be created, crack and add 2 eggs at a time. They should be poached for 4-6 minutes.
4. Toast the muffins and top each muffin with some spinach and a slice of smoked salmon.
5. On top of the salmon, place the poached eggs, and spoon some of the hollandaise sauce on top.
This recipe involves making 3 things at once – the hollandaise sauce, the poached eggs and the toasted muffins. It would be a good idea to read the entire recipe before you start making it!