This Greek baked feta recipe makes for an absolutely delicious and quick meal. It is incredibly easy to cook and prepare, and is suitable for vegetarians.
|100g||olives, with stone removed|
|1||handful of fresh basil|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 tsp||dried oregano|
|1/2 tsp||black pepper|
|1||clove of garlic, finely chopped|
|2||Greek-style flatbreads, to serve|
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
2. Place the block of feta in the centre of a small, ovenproof baking dish.
3. Surround the block of feta with the roughly chopped tomatoes, finely chopped garlic, and olives.
4. Drizzle the olive oil over the dish and sprinkle the dried oregano, salt and pepper on top.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes are tender and the feta is beginning to turn golden brown at the edges.
6. Remove from the oven and scatter over the chopped basil. Serve with warm Greek-style flatbreads.
If you don’t like flatbread or don’t have any available, this dish would also work well with a crusty bread such as toasted sourdough.