Here we have made the nations favourite curry vegetarian friendly and extra healthy.
|1 tsp||ground cumin|
ground coriander seeds
|3 tsps||garam masala|
|1/2 tsp||cayenne pepper|
|4||brown onions, diced|
|1||aubergine, cut into semi-circles|
|5 tbsps||Greek yoghurt|
|800g||tinned plum tomatoes|
|3 tbsps||tomato purée|
|3||garlic cloves, crushed|
|1||thumb sized piece of ginger, grated|
|2 tbsps||vegetable oil|
|salt, to taste|
1. Mix together all the spices in a bowl and set to one side.
2. Take a large pan and place over a medium heat. Add the vegetable oil, once hot, add all the onions and cook until soft.
3. Reduce to a low heat ,and add the spice mix plus the tomato purée. Mix together and cook for 5 minuets whilst constantly stirring. If the mixture begins to stick, add a splash of water.
4. Return to a medium heat, and add the tinned tomatoes, garlic and ginger. Mix together and break up to the tomatoes.
5. Next, add the Greek yoghurt, coconut milk, sugar and water. Mix together until one equal consistency has formed.
6. Add the aubergine and leave to cook for approx half an hour on a medium-low heat.
7. In the meantime, take a second pan and over a low heat dry fry the almonds for 2 minutes. Once done, add to the curry. When the aubergines are soft, serve.
For an extra aromatic curry, add 4 burst cardamom pods and a few cloves to the curry whilst it cooks.