Thank you so much to everyone who has reached out and supported us since we outlined our proactive response to the Coronavirus last month!
This post details the progress we’ve made so far and how you can continue to support us during these unprecedented times.
To recap, our response has involved:
1. Providing 5 million free licenses to our online Cooking & Nutrition Portal
So far we’ve been able to distribute 100,000+ free licenses to charity partners across the UK! The Portal provides people with cooking tips, nutrition advice, an interactive meal planner, budgeting support and lots of recipes that we’ve developed over the years in our community cookery school. We will work with any charity fighting food poverty in the U.K. or the rest of the world that would like to provide free access to people they support. Email [email protected] for further information and to arrange a demo!
2. Donating all remaining stock to our foodbank drive
This is complete – meaning we’ve now donated over 10,000 items of food/hygiene products to foodbanks since our mission began. This wasn’t in the ‘buy one, give one’ way we expected, but in a manner that’s needed at this time.
3. Adapting our catering service to deliver meals door to door
In the holidays we usually batch cook food at events in Oldham where pupils on free school meals attend and get a hot, nutritious meal. Over Easter we donated non-perishable food towards an adapted version of this service and we’re continuing to support our delivery partners where possible!
4. Launching free online cookery workshops
In order to maintain this proactive fight against food poverty in the coming months we need your support more than ever before!
If you are in a financial position to be able to support us, you can do so in the following ways:
1. Become a member of our community cookery school and get access to our online recipe portal, invites to exclusive member only events and discounts to merchandise in our online store. You can sign up here:
2. Order a copy of the original Secret dishes from around the world hardback recipe book! It’s full of exciting vegetarian and vegan dishes from different countries – all proceeds go towards the development of our non-profit community cookery school that supports communities in Greater Manchester, Cheshire and North Wales:
You can now also order a copy of the sequel, Secret dishes from around the world 2, too after we successfully hit our crowdfunding target! The fundraising recipe book is due to be published in November 2020, you can pre-order your copy here:
3. Order a gift voucher! These can be put towards our public cookery courses in Manchester and Cheshire, our Secret Supper Clubs and all the other exciting events that we’ll be running when this is over. All gift vouchers sold via our website are now valid for 2 years which gives us a much needed cashflow boost in the short term and you plenty of time to join us in future. You can order your vouchers here via our online store:
There are also countless opportunities for volunteers to support us remotely. If you’d like to help in this way, please email [email protected] and let us know of any particular skill sets you have/aspects of our COVID-19 response you’d like to support us with and we’ll go from there!
Together we will overcome this virus. In the months ahead we will continue to do everything we can to help as many people as possible with the proactive approach to fighting food poverty that has defined the development of our community cookery school since day 1. Thank you for your continued support!