Our Duke of Edinburgh volunteer, Lexie is back with another brilliant recipe!
Just to recap, the challenge gives our customers, aspiring chefs and influential food writers across the country the chance to guest blog on Bouncebackfood.co.uk and cook a recipe of their choice. The only condition? Their recipe has to include one of Bounceback Food’s staple products that we sell on a ‘one for you, one for society’ basis in support of FareShare UK and The Trussell Trust.
Here’s how you make it!
This pasta sauce is simple and quick to make. It is a cheap dish however still tastes delicious. This would be perfect for a family meal, serves 4 people.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 can of tinned tomatoes from Bounceback food (they donate the same to your nearest food bank)!
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of mixed herbs to season
- 400g spaghetti from Bounceback food
- Heat oil in a large pan then add the chopped onions. Cook the onions for 10 mins (or until softened).
- Add the chilli and garlic to the pan then add the chopped tomatoes. Stir until combined.
- Add salt, pepper and herbs then bring the sauce to the boil. Let it cool then blend the sauce.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions then stir in the sauce. Serve with a green salad and garlic bread.
What a great recipe, thanks Lexie! You can find more Staple Food Challenge recipes on our blog and if you’d like to either take part or volunteer for us like Lexie, then please do get in touch via [email protected]!