Earlier in December, we asked if you could spare some tinned chopped tomatoes. Today, it’s tinned plum tomatoes that we suggest you donate!
It would be wonderful if you could fit a quick trip to the foodbank into your day. Find your local one here.
For a warming winter classic this evening, try our chef’s easy tomato soup recipe!
|4||400ml tins of plum tomatoes|
|3||brown onions, diced|
|4||garlic cloves, crushed|
|3 sprigs||rosemary, leaves picked and chopped fine|
|1 tbsp||dried mixed herbs|
|5 tbsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|2 tbsps||olive oil or rapeseed oil|
|150 ml||double cream|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
1. Add the olive oil to a large pan and warm over a medium heat.
2. Next, add the onions and cook until the onions begin to soften.
3. Add the garlic, Worcestershire sauce and rosemary to the pan and cook for two minutes.
4. Now, add all the tinned tomatoes and dried herbs. Break down the tomatoes with a wooden soon or spatula, cook for 15 minutes.
5. Blend the mixture until smooth.
6. Now add the double cream and butter then mix in.
Use a little chilli to give the dish extra heat.
Finally, if you want to give an experience this Christmas, why not book a spot on our online cookalongs for yourself or a friend? With our buy-one, give-one model, you can fund a person experiencing food insecurity to participate in the cookalong, and choose a gift that keeps giving.