Time for a cuppa? Today’s food item is tea!
Grab a box of your teabag of choice and pass it on to your local food bank. You can find one near you here.
After your trip to the supermarket, put your feet up at home and tuck into some anzac biscuits from our recipe. Perfect for dunking!
|2 tbsp||golden syrup|
|1/2 tsp||baking soda|
|2 tbsp||boiling water|
1. Pre- heat the oven to 180 degrees. Prepare a baking tray with greaseproof paper brushed with butter.
2. Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl and combine with the sugar, oats and coconut. Leave to one side.
3. Add the butter and golden syrup to a pan and melt over a low heat.
4. Separately mix together the baking soda and boiling water. add this to the pan then take off the heat.
5. Form a well in the bowl with the dry ingredients, then slowly add the syrup mix until thick sticky dough forms. Add More golden syrup to bind if necessary.
6. Take a small amount of dough and roll into a ball. Flatten into a disc no larger than the palm of you hand.
7. Place all the discs on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Keep adding little bits of golden syrup until to dough forms together easily.
Finally, to give an experience this Christmas, why not book a spot on our online cookalongs for yourself or a friend? With our buy-one, give-one model, you’ll be funding a person experiencing food insecurity to participate in the cookalong, and choosing a gift that keeps giving. Check out our dates for the new year.