It’s a classic item for those joining in with our reverse advent calendar today – dried spaghetti!
Whether you’ve been following along every day so far, or this is your first donation, we’d love it if you took a moment to drop some dried spaghetti round to your local foodbank – find it here!
And this evening, you can cook up a storm with our truly comforting carbonara recipe:
|4||garlic cloves, crushed|
|parsley, diced, handful|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large wide frying pan, over a medium heat. Once hot, add the lardons and cook until crispy.
- Next, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and set to one side.
- In a large pot, cover the spaghetti with water and bring to the boil. Salt the water and cook for 10 minutes or until the spaghetti is cook to your liking, then strain.
- While the spaghetti is still warm, add it to the lardon pan, and mix together. Make sure that the lardon pan is no longer red hot. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the parsley, pepper butter and parmesan, then serve.
Be careful not to add the eggs to the frying pan while it is still very hot or you will end up with scrambled eggs at the bottom of the pan.
This is also day 2 of our London Christmas Meal Drive. Wherever you are in the UK, pledging your support will impact those who risk going hungry this holiday. And if you’ve been enjoying our reverse advent calendar campaign, don’t forget to tell your friends and family about us. Let’s pull together against food poverty this Christmas!