A warming dish with meat and vegetables to fill the family up on a cold nights.
|400g||tinned cannellini beans, liquid drained|
|2||brown onions, sliced|
|400g||chestnut mushrooms, quartered|
|1 tsp||dried parsley|
|1 tbsp||vegetable oil|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
1. To a large frying pan on medium-high heat, add a half of the oil. Fry all of the sausages for 5 minutes, turning frequently, until they are partially cooked.
2. Remove the sausages from the pan, and set them aside.
3. Still on medium-high heat, add the remaining oil, onions, potatoes, mushrooms and carrots to the pan. Cook for 10 minutes until softened. Stir frequently to ensure everything is evenly cooked.
4. Return the sausages to the pan and add the stock. Add the paprika, parsley, salt and pepper.
5. Bring to the boil. Then, cover with a pan lid or foil and let simmer for 20 minutes, until some of the liquid has reduced. Stir halfway.
6. Add the cannellini beans, cover the pan again and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
7. Remove from the heat and serve.
This dish tastes great served with crusty bread to soak up the broth.