Perfect for sharing or as a starter, this salad includes a delicious peanut dipping sauce.
|For the sauce:|
|1||garlic clove, crushed|
|1||red chilli, roughly chopped|
|1||lime, juice only|
|2 tbsps||fish sauce|
|2 tbsps||soy sauce|
|2 tbsps||tamarind sauce|
|1 tbsp||kecap manis|
|For the salad:|
|4||vine tomatoes, quartered|
|150g||cucumber, cut into batons|
|100g||red cabbage, sliced|
|3||radishes, ends removed, cut into discs|
|2 tsps||sesame oil|
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the 2 eggs. Cook for approx. 8 minutes then remove to a bowl of cold water to cool.
2. Add the potatoes to the boiling water and cook for 10 minutes or until a fork can easily pierce them.
3. Combine all sauce ingredients together in a blender and blitz. Spread the sauce around half of each serving bowl.
4. Once the potatoes have cooked, strain and run them under the cold tap to cool.
5. Peel and halve your eggs.
6. Arrange all ingredients in the serving bowls and top with sesame seed oil.
Top with mint and coriander leaves for a little extra colour and toasted sesame seeds for texture. Tofu and prawn crackers are also traditionally used. If kecap manis cannot be found, add extra soy sauce. Omit the fish sauce and eggs to make the dish vegan.