Dahl is one of the worlds favourite dishes both healthy and tasty it is easy to make.
|450g||red lentils, washed and drained|
|1||thumb sized piece ginger, peeled and grated|
|3||garlic cloves, crushed|
|3||green chillies, whole with end split|
|1.5||brown onions, diced|
|2 tsps||garam masala|
|2 tsps||curry powder|
|1 handful||fresh coriander, finely chopped|
|175g||tomatoes, roughly chopped|
|2 tbsps||vegetable oil|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
1. Take a large pan and place over a medium heat and add the vegetable oil, once hot add the onions and cook until soft.
2. Next add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for two minutes.
3. Now add the spices, stir in and cook for 5 minutes, mixing constantly to prevent the spices sticking.
4. Add the tomatoes, and cook for 10 minutes breaking them up as they cook.
5. Now add the lentils, coconut milk and the stock, bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until the lentils are soft, skim off any residue that rises to the top.
6. Once the lentils are soft, blend until half the lentils are liquified.
7. Serve with the finely chopped coriander.
Blend more or less to create a consistency that works best for you.