These super easy wraps are packed with protein from the beans as a tasty alternative to meat. The smokey beans are coupled with tangy feta and homemade pickled onion. Perfect for lunch or dinner, these spicy wraps will add a kick to your day!
|400g||tin of black beans, rinsed and drained|
|1 tbsp||tomato purée|
|1 tbsp||red wine vinegar|
|2||garlic cloves, crushed|
|1/2||red chilli, deseeded and finely diced|
|1||red onion, half diced and half sliced|
|1/2 tsp||ground cumin|
|1 tsp||smoked paprika|
|bunch||fresh coriander, finely chopped|
|2 tbsps||natural yoghurt|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
1. Place the sliced half of the red onion in a bowl, cover with the red wine vinegar and a pinch of salt and set aside – this will quickly pickle your onions.
2. Next, add the olive oil to a saucepan, then fry the diced half of the onion, the chilli and garlic until the onion is soft. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the black beans, cumin, paprika and tomato purée. Cook for one minute, add a splash of water and half the lime juice. Simmer for 5 minutes. Keep adding water if it gets too dry.
4. Meanwhile, add the yoghurt to a bowl along with the other half of the lime juice and some black pepper.
5. Place a wrap on each plate and spread a quarter of the yoghurt on each wrap. Split the beans between the two wraps, then top with the remaining yoghurt, feta, pickled onion and coriander. Then wrap it up!
Large wraps can easily be swapped for smaller wraps to make tacos! You can add a variety of toppings here – how about some lettuce for crunch, tomato salsa, or guacamole?