Follow these 5 simple tips!
1. Fruit and vegetables should make up a third of your daily diet. Eat at least five portions a day.
2. Starchy foods should make up another third of your daily diet. Go for more wholegrains in foods like brown rice and wholegrain bread and breakfast cereals.
3. Aim to eat some protein every day. Healthy sources of protein can be found in fish, pulses, nuts and seeds, lean meat and meat alternatives like tofu and textured vegetable protein.
4. Cut down on full-fat milk, cream and cheese, fatty meat, processed meats and solid fats like butter and margarine.
5. Limit salt to a teaspoon per day (or 6g). This includes hidden salt in ready-made and processed foods.Back