A versatile vegetable that goes perfectly on toast, salads, or blended into smoothie, here are our chef’s tips on preparing an avocado.
To prepare an avocado, you will need a sharp knife, a chopping board and a spoon.
1. Begin by creating an arch with the hand, inserting a knife and making an cut length-ways.
2. Now continue the slice all the way around till the cut meets back up. The stone will prevent you from cutting all the way through.
3. Now twist to halve the avocado. Place skin side down and carefully chop into the stone.
4. Twist the stone to dislodge and carefully detach from the blade.
5. Again, create an arch with the hand and using the knife score the inside of the avocado lengthways.
6. Now repeat at 90 degrees to create a cross hatching effect. Take care not to pierce the skin.
7. Using a spoon, scoop out the chunks of avocado.
Check out our video on how to prepare an avocado to watch the step-by-step process: