The best way to prepare carrots and other vegetables before cooking, dicing and julienning are key cooking skills.
To dice and julienne carrots, you will need a chopping board and sharp knife.
1. Begin by removing each end of the carrot with a knife.
2. Next completely peel the carrot.
3. Half the carrot, or chop into manageable chunks.
4. Now cut lengthways, to create a flat base.
5. Proceed to slice into thin strips, going through a second time if necessary for evenly julienned pieces.
6. To dice cut once again but at a 90 degree angle.
Check out our video guide to watch the step-by-step process: