The best way to prepare a fresh tomato before you add it to a salad or other meal.
To prepare tomatoes, you will need a chopping board and either a recently-sharpened kitchen knife or a serrated knife.
1. Begin by removing your tomatoes from the stalk.
2. Half the tomato directly through the core.
3. Repeat this again to create quarters.
4. Now place the quarters on their flat side and carefully cut out the harder flesh off at a diagonal to remove the core
5. Repeat this for the remaining quarters
6. You can now chop the tomato to whatever size and shape fits your need.
Check out this short video for a step-by-step guide to de-coring tomatoes: