As our Manchester-based Community Chef, you’ll have a unique opportunity to drive the development of our Community Cookery School as we continue to support people living in food poverty across Greater Manchester. You will be an important member of our central team and will need to be resourceful, enthusiastic and passionate about delivering workshops and outreach events that generate social impact on behalf of our non-profit social enterprise.
Main responsibilities and duties
1. Manage our Community Kitchen on the weekend – you’ll open and run our Community Kitchen each Sunday, enabling us to provide meals to the public and our beneficiaries on an extra day each week. You’ll work closely with the chefs on our Manchester team to ensure every aspect of the site is running perfectly – and can be replicated elsewhere.
2. Deliver Cookery Workshops & Learning Programmes – lead on the development and delivery of Bounceback Food CIC Community Cookery School events. This will involve leading cookery workshops in a variety of community centres/kitchens across Greater Manchester.
3. Catering – you’ll work with the chefs on our Manchester team to expand our ability to provide catering services for our corporate and charity partners.
1. Proven experience as a chef or cook in a professional/community kitchen
2. Knowledge of various cooking techniques and cuisines
3. Strong understanding of food safety practices
4. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
5. Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
6. Effective communication and leadership skills
7. Full UK Driving License (preferred)
Part-time: 16 hours per week
From £832.00 per month
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
Expected start date
How to apply
Apply here – good luck!